Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Titles that are gone from Netflix December 1


So I have roughly 400 titles in my Netflix Instant queue. Right now I see three titles that will no longer be on the service as of December 1. (I think this means you can watch it on November 30 but it will disappear on the 1st).

Sexy Beast (2000) is a film I had seen in the theater way back when. I remember liking the performances more than the movie. Ben Kingsley is INSANE in what is actually a supporting role. Ray Winstone's understated performance is a perfect counterbalance to Kingsley's intensity. Ian McShane is on the poster above, but frankly I don't remember much about his performance. This was in my queue because 12 years between viewings is enough for me to make it seem like a whole new movie. With the busy holidays, I may or may not get to viewing this title. If you've never seen it, it's definitely worth catching before it goes.

3PWDAZ2S3TW8






Jake's Closet (2007) I'm pretty sure this is only in my queue because the Mrs. likes horror flicks. I know nothing about it. The Netflix reviews make me laugh. A few people mention, in time-honored Netflix tradition, how the Netflix description in no way resembles the movie. So I'm probably going to let this one fade away.

Sister My Sister (1994) I put this in my queue because I have memories of Siskel and Ebert reviewing this film back in '94. I remember one of them hating it and another liking it, but that was the case for a lot of films for those two. I've never got the nerve to watch it because of the subject matter, but I may finally take a chance on it.




I'll keep an eye out for other titles leaving and post as I become aware of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment